Welcome to Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church! We are a family-friendly church and are so glad you are interested in our community of faith! We welcome visitors to join us on Sunday mornings for any of our Worship Services, as well as our church activities and ministries. We have a wide range of ministry opportunities, including classes, mission & outreach projects, music programs, and youth group.
Fox Chapel is a beautiful, tree-lined residential borough about 15 minutes northeast of Downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Our church is located on the corner of Field Club Dr. and Fox Chapel Rd., surrounded by the communities of Oakmont, Aspinwall, Highland Park, and O'Hara and Harmar Townships.
Our congregation is proud to offer Three Family Friendly Services on Sunday mornings. Our 8:30 service, called Cup & Loaf is held in the Chapel. It is a smaller, more intimate service with Communion served every week. At 10:00am, our Traditional Worship service (featuring more formal liturgy and sacred music) is held in the Sanctuary, while our H2O Service (featuring more contemporary music and less formal setting) is held in the Fellowship Hall. Please feel welcome to try any of these services!
New to the area? First time visitor? Want to know what to do and how to become involved in the life of Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church? Here are some basic steps:
- Join us for worship: Everyone is welcome, whatever their current religious affiliation or nationality.
- Introduce yourself: A greeter will meet you upon entering the church. Please introduce yourself and complete your name and address information on our pew pads. Someone will follow up with you!
- Ask questions: Our pastors, elders and other members are here to help you find your way. We are glad to have an opportunity to answer any questions you might have.
- Let us know how we can pray for you: Please don't hesitate to email any of the pastors with prayer requests and concerns.
- Get involved: We encourage you to get involved in the many opportunities for learning, service and fellowship that exist at FCPC.
We hope you take time to explore the links on our web site to see what is going on in our many ministry and mission opportunities. On this web site you can also learn about us, our beliefs, how to get involved, who our leaders are, and so much more. See below for some Frequently Asked Questions that you may find helpful.
- What is available for my kids? On Sunday mornings, during both of our 10:00 am services, children in preschool-6th grade begin in worship and then are dismissed to their “time in God’s word.” On the first Sunday, children in grades 2-6 remain in worship to celebrate the Lord’s Supper with their church family. Nursery care is provided during the entire worship service every week for children birth-36 months. For information on our Christian Nurture programs, click here!
- Is the building accessible? There is an elevator that connects the sanctuary level with the lower level where the fellowship hall, nurseries, and education rooms are located. A family bathroom that is extra large for accessibility and diaper changing is located on the office hallway. The men's and women's bathrooms also have accessible facilities. Ushers and greeters will be happy to help you find your way around the building in a way that meets your needs.
- Can I take communion? All who have been baptized are welcome to participate in the sacrament of the Lord's Supper. You do not have to be Presbyterian or even a member of a church. Baptized children are welcome to participate at their parents' discretion.
- How can I join FCPC? We are thrilled to hear that you would like to become a member of our church family! We have New Member Classes scheduled periodically. Contact the church office at 412-963-8243 and ask to speak to Rev. Ellen Dawson, Director of Membership & Mission for details about how to join our congregation.