We believe that elementary age children learn best by doing. Our educational and discipleship programs for children center on active learning. We accompany children as they wonder about God’s world and as they discover God’s love and plan for them. Classes and programs are carefully planned, age appropriate, and led by experienced, loving leaders.
- Children's Choir (9:00am) This is an opportunity for our youngest singers (grades K-5) to celebrate in song. Children's Choir meets for rehearsals on Sunday mornings from 9:00-9:45 (during the First Education Hour) in room 208. The choir sings regularly during both the traditional and contemporary services and for other special church occasions such as Lessons and Carols. For more information, visit the Music page of the church website.
- Springs of Living Water (10:15) Children in K-4th grade are dismissed from worship (which begins at 10am) to attend our Springs of Living Water classes. Springs of Living Water is an exciting Rotation Workshop program. Through the workshops, learners will engage with a Biblical story in three very different ways over the course of a month. Each month, kids will also participate our special Cup of Water workshop which emphasizes a child's role in missions. Since this is a rotation style class, you will need to check your bulletin to see where your child’s classroom is each week.
- Connect (10:15)-Children in 5th and 6th grade are dismissed from worship (which begins at 10am) to attend Connect in room 306. The Connect curriculum by Sparkhouse takes tweens on a journey through the Old and New Testaments, exploring the connections between several stories in that unit each week. Click here to see our schedule for the 2016-2017 program year.
- Creation Station (11:15)-In Creation Station children in K-6th grade will learn to use their "special gifts" to reach out within the church, into our community, and throughout God's world through worship, mission, fellowship, and educational projects which follow a Biblical theme.
- Special Note about the 1st Sunday of the Month: Our normal K-6 programming during the 10:00 Worship service is modified on the 1st Sunday of each month so that older children can participate in communion. On these Sundays, the regularly scheduled classes for 2nd-6th graders do not meet and K-1st graders are invited to attend Amy’s Little Lambies in room 233 instead.
Wednesday Nite Live
- How Great Thou Art (7:00-8:30pm, room A-233) In this class, elementary age children will use their creative minds and artistic talents to create art projects, reenact the Bible stories, and play games that reinforce biblical concepts and enhance their knowledge of scripture.
Please contact our Director of Educational Ministries, Delinda Donovan
, for more information.