Confirmation Program at FCPC
At Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church, our CONFIRMATION PROGRAM
is a series of classes, specifically designed to help our youth:
- learn scripture (Old & New Testament),
- explore what it means to be a disciple and follower of Jesus Christ,
- ask questions about the Christian faith and how God is calling them to serve,
- understand the purpose of worship, baptism, communion, and prayer,
- learn about the local and global Church,
- prepare to publicly express their growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior,
- get ready to join the church and become a member of the Body of Christ
OUR 3-YEAR PROGRAM INCLUDES:
Pre-Confirmation, Year 1 -- Old & New Testament
This class is offered to 7th , to 8th, and when necessary to 9th grade students on Even-Odd school years
(exp: 2016-2017). Classes are held on Sunday mornings at 9:00 in the church Lounge. This study covers the major stories and themes of the Bible and helps students wrestle with how 2000+ year-old text applies to their lives today.
Pre-Confirmation, Year 2 -- Questions of Faith
This class is offered to 7th , to 8th, and when necessary to 9th grade students on Odd-Even school years
(exp: 2017-2018). Classes are held on Sunday mornings at 9:00 in the church Lounge. This study covers the basic tenets of the Christian Faith and the Reformed Tradition and invites students to ask tough questions about their faith.
Confirmation, Year 3 -- Capstone Class
We call our Third Year class Capstone, which is for 9th or 10th graders. After completing both Old & New Testament Studies
and Questions of Faith
, students will receive an invitation to the Capstone Class. This is a one-year class that is offered Every Year
for 9th graders (and for 10th graders when necessary). Capstone is a multi-layer experience with requirements involving Bible Study, parental involvement, and service activities. Students are guided by the FCPC staff and “Confirmation Mentors” as they study church history and consider the meaning of Christian Discipleship, all in preparation to become a member and confirm their belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- For more information about the Confirmation Capstone Year, contact Rev. Ellen Dawson, Director of Membership & Mission.
- For more information about Pre-Confirmation Requirements, contact Delinda Donovan.