Confirmation Program at FCPC
At Fox Chapel Presbyterian Church, our CONFIRMATION PROGRAM
is a series of classes, specifically designed to help our youth:
- learn scripture (Old & New Testament),
- explore what it means to be a disciple and follower of Jesus Christ,
- ask questions about the Christian faith and how God is calling them to serve,
- understand the purpose of worship, baptism, communion, and prayer,
- learn about the local and global Church,
- prepare to publicly express their growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior,
- get ready to join the church and become a member of the Body of Christ
New in 2017 -- We have updated our program to be 1 year of Pre-confirmation classes, and 1 semester of Confirmation classes.
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES:
Pre-Confirmation, Semester 1 -- Old & New Testament
This class is offered to 7th , to 8th, and when necessary to 9th grade students. Classes are held on Wednesday Evenings during our Wednesday Nite Live program, from 7:00-8:30pm. This study covers the major stories and themes of the Bible and helps students wrestle with how 2000+ year-old text applies to their lives today.
Pre-Confirmation, Semester 2 -- Questions of Faith
This class is offered to 7th , to 8th, and when necessary to 9th grade students, also on Wednesday evenings. This study covers the basic tenets of the Christian Faith and the Reformed Tradition and invites students to ask tough questions about their faith.
Confirmation Capstone Class
We call our Confirmation class "Capstone," which is for 8th, 9th, or 10th graders. After completing both Old & New Testament Studies
and Questions of Faith
, students will receive an invitation to the Capstone Class. This is a one-semester class that is offered in the Fall and Spring -- students can choose which class to participate in depending on their sports/extracurricular activity schedules. Capstone is a multi-layer experience where students are guided by the FCPC staff and Confirmation Mentors as they study, discuss, and consider the meaning of Christian Discipleship, all in preparation to become a member and confirm their belief in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- For more information about the Confirmation Capstone Year, contact Rev. Ellen Dawson, Director of Membership & Mission.
- For more information about Pre-Confirmation Requirements, contact Delinda Donovan.